Samstag, 24. August 2013

Things I miss from the UK

I guess all of you know that. On holiday or while living abroad you discover nice food and when you're back home you miss it. I have this problem with quite some things from the UK. For example I miss Pret-à-manger. Really miss it, though I guess I found a way to substitute some of their sandwiches. I miss cookies, the chocolate chips one from Sainsburys, the Lemon-Merengue from M&S and many others. I would be so happy to walk into a shop and get some Cornish Pastry or a cheese swirl thingie - don't know how they're called, these pastry-thingies with cheese.
And I miss quite some baking or cooking ingredients like golden syrup or custard powder.
So I tend to stock up on some of these things when in the UK and always travel with a decent stock of tea too. But luckily there is Britshop.ch, which delivers some UK food thingies. Of course I can't get everything I want from there - no Pret... - but it is a good supplier for the small bits and bobs on misses.

So last Sunday I ordered some things and got them on Thursday which I think is quite quick.  I also stocked up on my favourite tea, though in the days between I ordered and got it delivered I found both of them in our local supermarket!


The two teas and the Eclairs are things I really miss here. Then I thought some real British vinegar would be nice as I'm really into chips with vinegar at the moment. Golden syrup for baking and
Ploughman pickles for cheese-and-pickles sandwiches. The poridge will hopefully help me cope with our cold office during fall as I could just stuff them into the microwave and have something war for breakfast.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen