Montag, 19. August 2013

Lemon-thyme chicken

I love lemon and thyme. They're my favourite seasoning. There is hardly nothing I cook without thyme or bake without lemon. In fact, whenever a recipe requires vanilla sugar I use a decent amount of lemon zest instead. So when I came across a recipe for a lemon-thyme sauce for chicken I knew that this is the right thing for me. As I lost the recipe before I could try it, this is my own version of it. I'm quite sure that there was no wine in the original one, though I think it just adds a little bit more taste. As if there isn't enough from the lemon.... I have to warn you; if you're not seriously into lemon, don't cook it. It is very lemony and quite sour. But soooo tasty.



For two servings:
300 g chicken breast, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 natural lemon (1/2 teaspoon zest and half of the juice)
100 ml sour cream
50 ml white wine
50 ml water
1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
Ca. 5 gr thyme
pepper, salt


Fry the chicken in the olive oil, season with a bit salt. Mix lemon juice, sour cream, wine, water, stock powder and lemon zest and add to the chicken. Simmer for two or three minutes and allow to reduce. Season with thyme (I used about 5 grams fresh thyme) and pepper.

Serve with rice or Ebly.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen