Mittwoch, 21. August 2013

Pillow case to peg bag

At the moment I'm very much into crafting and DIY and into upcycling. The upcycling, however, has more to do with the fact that I have an idea and want to do it right then, than with upcycling itself. When I just want to get something done that moment and  can't run around for supplies I have to make the best out of what I have at home.

I do own a peg bag. A very simple, boring, store bought one. Nothing special. But I actually need two as I hang a part of my laundry downstairs and the rest on my balcony. The peg bag I had in my flat was so far just a bag; a paper bag from Lush to be precise.
I was thinking about making a peg bag for a while. So on Saturday when I finally dealt with the last messy place from my moving I found a pillow case from Cath Kidston. It is pretty cute with roses, but I won't going to use it as a pillow case anymore as it is for a 35cm pillow which I find too small. Later that day, I gave the peg bag project another thought and remembered the case. In my wardrobe I found a matching clothes hanger and there we go.

All you need is a pillow case (best not bigger than 35 or 40 cm unless you want a really big peg bag) with an opening at the front and a hanger for a skirt, one like these. Plus scissors, a scale and a pen.

Find the middle of the pillow case and make a tiny cut. Just as big to get the clothes hanger into it. Insert the hanger into the pillow case, making sure to stretch the case neatly with it and then move the hanging part of the hanger - don't know how this thing is called, don't even know if it has a name - through the hole. Fill with your pegs and enjoy hanging up the laundry.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen