Samstag, 19. April 2014

Happy happy days # 1

This afternoon I've been thinking that it is really true that the small things in life are the ones that make you truly happy. Not the big things that happen every now and then, but the small, daily ones. Which is also good, as this gives us the opportunity to be happy all the time and not just now and then when major events happen.

Some hours ago I came across a new blog and discovered that she writes down the things that makes her happy each week. So I decided to steal that idea and report here which things make me happy at the moment.

¦-) Baking. I think there is nothing more relaxing then kneading bread and then enjoying the nice scent hovering through the flat when the bread is baking. And of course eating the bread afterwards. My current favourite is dark bread with some thyme and Italian herbs in it. I think it tastes best with some honey or with salted butter. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out today, the last few times it was a bit dry and didn't really rose, but now I discovered that I just need to add a bit more water and it rises like crazy.

¦-) Keeping my flat clean and organized. I gave it a good clean today and even cleaned some of the windows and it is so nice to have everything nice, tidy and clean.

¦-) Hanging laundry outside. In my old flat I had a teeny tiny balcony, not sure if my laundry hanging thingie would even had enough space out there. So as soon I moved in here I discovered the joy of hanging laundry out on the balcony.

¦-) Texting with my sister about youtube videos. I introduced her to some of my favourite youtubers and she is now a fan of a certain greyhound called Reggie and a certain little girl called Darcy... :-)

¦-) Being organized. Comes right with cleaning, but I generally love being organized, writing to do lists, shopping lists, budgets and so on. I've always loved planning.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen