Mittwoch, 26. März 2014

Wednesday music- Salford days

Wednesday music is back with a new idea behind it. I often find that two songs somehow match up. For example songs that share a topic. I don't know which radio station it was who sometimes had a special and played only songs about a certain topic for an hour. So for example songs where the title had a number between one and hundred in it or songs talking about trains.
Or songs that were all covered by the same singer. I think especially in Folk and Country songs were pretty often sung by various people. And sometimes this kind of matches up.

One of the songs I've listened to quite often in the last weeks are Matchstalk men by Brian and Michael. The first line "He painted Salford smoky tops..." brings me to Ewan MacColl who was from Salford and sings about it in Dirty old town.. Kirsty MacColl is Ewans daughter and New England is a song I really like.

So here are this weeks Wednesday Music songs.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen