Freitag, 16. Mai 2014

Holiday preparation and packing

Soon soon my sister and I will board a plane and fly to lovely London. But our stay there will be a short one; Heathrow Express, hopping on a Cirle or Hammersmith&City Line train to Kings Cross, getting some food at Pret-à-Manger and spend our first pounds at the Harry Potter Store before boarding a train north; to Edinburgh.

We both don't like flying, so for us the fun of the journey won't start before the plane lands in London. But I'm sure we will manage the flight. My sister talked a working colleague of hers into driving us to the airport, most likely she told him that we might get lost... He is a bit overprotective when it comes to my sister...

So the flat is clean; ready for my parents to come home from their holidays tomorrow and my suitcase is packed. All that is left for today is writing and posting a letter, cuddling the catties and try to have an early night before going up superearly and try to remember to pack the last bits and bobs - I never forget my toothbrush, but my hairbrush is often left behind...

I tried to take some pictures while I packed, but of course it all ended differently....
Not on the pictures are underwear - for obvious reasons - and my ankle boots which were still on the balcony after I cleaned them. I originally wanted to take two pairs of jeans but then unpacked one again. The reason why we take a board game on a journey is a simple one; my sister needs to practise so she can win against our granny who is the Queen of board games. 
I packed the knitting and stitching stuff, the little pink bag - which contains the rest of the board game, pens and stitching stuff -  and the game into a small bag which we will then take out once on the train.

And this is the handbag. Travel guide, book, pen and paper, my sunglasses, phone and ipad, my camera, purse, passport, chewing gums and and an... The small bag at the back contains some small stuff while the plastic one holds all the liquid ones. In the envelope are all our things like tickets, reservations and information.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen